Hi guys! Welcome back to my blog on the 21 Day Fix. Today I am on day 11 of 21 Day Fix Extreme. I am so excited to share this new recipe that I tried out today called “zoodles.” Normally when I’m in the mood for pasta, I’d grab a blue box that says “Barilla” on it, but not today! Instead, I decided to make spaghetti zucchini noodles! Luckily, I was able to borrow my mom’s insta-zoodle maker. This zoodler is actually called a spiralizer, and ranges anywhere from $10-$40 on Amazon, depending on your budget. Today was my first time using it, and I was so impressed. Making zoodles is a great healthy alternative! It’s perfect for the 21 Day Fix.
- Ingredients: 2 zucchini squash, 1 red container of chicken breast, 1 red onion, 1 blue container of mozzarella, salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Use your spiral machine to make the zucchini into noodles. Once done, pat your noodles with a paper towel to get any moisture off of them. This will prevent water from building up as you cook them.
- Next, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Chop up one small red onion and toss it in with the olive oil. Cook the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your zucchini noodles and cooked chicken breast to the pan. Drizzle another teaspoon of olive oil on your onion, zoodles, and chicken.
- Mix everything together and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes. Once everything is cooked and seasoned to your liking, add your blue container of mozzarella cheese.
- Stir together until the cheese is fully melted.
- Put your dish into a cute bowl and enjoy 🙂